Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Fine Day

Our days often consist of cleaning up messes, making messes, and cleaning up messes. This fun-filled day occurred back at the end of March. Early one morning while I was feeding Claire, Joshua and Caleb found something really exciting to play with:

FLOUR!!!!

I'm pretty sure the boys had a blast.




I was so tired of Travis not understanding the extent of the damage the boys do to the house on a daily basis, and wondering how the vacuum could get so clogged, so I finally documented the situation. This is a picture of our bightly colored area rug. Now that's a lot of flour (and spaghetti?)


Caleb often gets the worst end of the messiness because Joshua likes to pour things on his head. Here he is, asking for a drink of water.


This is what Baby Claire was up to while we were cleaning up.


The boys are getting better at staying out of trouble, and I've learned to lock up the baking supplies.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Eva also discovered my wheat flour. I was taking a nap after putting Evan down. I usually put on a movie for Eva to watch, but somehow forgot to press play on the dvd. So Eva acted out the story of "Spirit" With her play horse, stuffed cougar, train, and wheat flour. The difference between our children I guest is: Eva isolated her mess to the reclining chair, because it made a great mountain.

Mary said...

Ah, thank your for posting this! Hooray!!

I have a new game plan for life that I want to tell you all about. :)

Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

I totally know how you feel about Travis not understanding the total damage young kids can manage. Bent hasn't done anything to that extent, but I'm sure he could a lot more with siblings to help him out. Just when you lock one thing up, they discover another thing you missed. Thank you so much for documenting that...it's always so much funnier when it is not you having to clean it up!