Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Songs We Sing

My sisters have been asking for the words to some songs we like to sing, so I thought I'd write them here. Most of them we learned in our ECFE "Mom and Me" classes.


Airplanes
Airplanes fly in the sky, Zoom, Zoom
Airplanes fly in the sky, Zoom, Zoom
Round and round the airplanes go,
Flying high, Flying low
Shhhhhh..........I think I hear one
ZOOM!


Cheer
Joshua's* here today, (pat legs)
Joshua's here today,
Joshua's here today,
Yeah, Joshua. (roll hands, raise above head for name)
(*insert any name)


Pop-up
If your name is Joshua, pop right up.
If your name is Caleb, pop right up.
If your name is Claire, pop right up.
Now let's all pop-up. Whee!

(I use this song to get the boys excited about anythings we need to do.
Examples: If your name is Joshua, hop out of the tub.
If your name is Caleb, come put on your pants.
If your name is Joshua, come clean up.
Now let's all clean up.
Really, anything goes!)


Hello
Hello, Hello, Hello and how are you?
I'm fine, I'm fine, I hope that you are, too.
(Sing twice)

We've changed the words to this song to use at bedtime.
Good night, Good night, Good night and I love you.
Good night, Good night, I know you love me, too.


Choo-Choo
Choo-Choo-Choo-Choo
Choo-Choo- Choo-Choo
Up the railroad tracks, Toot, Toot
Choo-Choo-Choo-Choo
Choo-Choo-Choo-Choo
Then we'll come right back.

First we'll go to Caleb's house,
And then we'll go to Mommy's house,
Next we'll go to Joshua's house,
And then we'll go to Claire's house.

Repeat the Choo-Choo's


Good-bye
Good-bye everybody, yes indeed,
Yes indeed, Yes indeed.
Good-bye everybody, yes indeed,
Let's all wave good-bye.


Come Together
Come, Come, Come Together
Come, Come, Come Together
Come, Come, Come Together
Come Together Now.

Clap your hands together,
Clap your hands together,
Clap your hands together,
Clap together now.

Pat your head together,
Pat your head together,
Pat your head together,
Pat together now.

Give your Mommy a great big hug,
Give your Daddy a great big hug,
Give your Mommy a great big hug,
Hug together now.


Jelly in a bowl
Jelly in a bowl,
Jelly in a bowl,
Wibble, Wobble, Wibble, Wobble,
Jelly in a bowl.

Jelly on my head......
Jelly in my belly......
Jelly on my feet.....
Jelly in a bowl......
(This is a good one for rubbing the soap on in the bath tub.)


We also sing the regular nursery rhymes and primary songs:
The Wheels on the Bus
Old McDonald had a Farm
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Ring Around the Rosies
Second verse:
The cows are in the meadow eating butter cups.
Ashes, Ashes, we all stand up.
Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
I am a Child of God
Barney's Clean-up Song

"Popcorn Popping!"

Pretty much I can put anything to song. We make up silly songs, songs about what we're doing, and sing to the radio or TV all the time. When we're bored, or sad, or getting to the end of our patience we make up a song to make the day go more smoothly.

Here's one I really like:
I'm picking up the toys,
I'm picking up the toys,
Now the toys belong to me,
I'm picking up the toys.

Anything to get the boys up and moving. (We've got to get those wiggles out somehow!)

This is what the boys do when we say, "Say Cheese."
Or maybe it's their interpretation of See no evil.

We hope you have a wonderful day and keep on singing!!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Thanks! You rock. I'm trying to work out the kinks in my mommy (or daddy) and me Spanish class. Boys need different things than girls.

Sarah said...

Oh Rebecca, this is great. I'm sooooo excited to read everything you write. I need to send you the cute pictures of your kids too. I have some great ones of Clair. You are absolutly the best blogger yet!

Ellen said...

Now help me with the melodies, I can never remember them.

I do love the way you sing to your children. It's so comforting and loving.